Frequently Asked Questions
Hoof Prints of the American Quarter Horse
A project of Center City of Amarillo, Inc.
American Quarter Horse Association, Title Sponsor
- Hoof Prints of the American Quarter Horse project began in 2002 to raise funds for Center City of Amarillo and promote art in public places.
- The American Quarter Horse Association is the title sponsor for the project. AQHA purchased the first 20 horses to start the project.
- More than 100 horses have been placed throughout Amarillo since 2002.
- Each horse is painted by a local artist, who receives an honorarium for the artistic work.
- The horses are an exact replica of a full-size Quarter Horse. The fiberglass statues weigh approximately 125 pounds.
- Businesses and individuals can purchase a horse at a cost of $4,000, which includes the completed fiberglass horse, the artist’s fee, a concrete slab and a plaque recognizing the name of the artist and owner.
- Center City matches the buyer with an artist to create a design for the horse. Average time to create a Hoof Prints Quarter Horse from start to finish is from three to six months.
- After installation, the horse becomes the property and responsibility of the business owner.
- For more information, call Center City at 372-6744.
Click here for a virtual tour of the Hoof Prints horses.